For work, I had to travel from Dutchess County to Westchester County. I figured I’d count how many raptors I saw on the way up and back, and this is what I saw:
- 14 Red-Tailed Hawks (Dutchess, Putnam, Westchester County)
- 1 Rough-Legged Hawk (Rt.84 in Dutchess County)
- 1 Adult Cooper’s Hawk (Rt.9 Westchester County)
- 1 Adult Bald Eagle (Rt.9 Westchester County)
- 1 Black Vulture (Taconic in Putnam County)
Pretty eventful, huh? The rough-legged hawk was a first sighting for me and I wish I had a camera for the moment. I can’t wait until the weekend!